In the past, I have expressed that it was difficult to become vegan because I loved cheese! And I still do. However, it wasn’t until later in my life, after doing in-depth research on the adverse effects that come from dairy cheese, is when I finally decided to cease consuming it.
If you have been following me for a while, you already know that I am a whole plant-based foodist determined to convert any of my non-vegan favorite dishes into healthy, plant-based meals.
In this scenario, it’s a cashew cheese sauce. Not only does it taste like the real thing, but the recipe also contains ingredients that are good for you and is easy to make!
Health benefits from the cashew cheese sauce recipe:
Nutritional Yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae): rich in Vitamin b12 and antioxidants, has an anti-inflammatory response, boosts the immune system, and rich in nutrients.
In the cashew cheese sauce recipe, you will need a knife and food processor.
- 1 cup Cashew Nuts (Raw)
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 5 Tbsp Water
- For the creamiest cheese, soak your cashews overnight for eight hours or soak them for ten minutes before making the recipe.
- Add the ingredients into the food processor.
- Blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Once complete, please taste it and add more pepper, lemon, salt or water per your liking.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
I normally follow this exact same recipe but sometimes, I find myself wanting to add more nutritional yeast for more of the cheese flavor. You can also add red chili flakes if you are looking to a spicy cheese.