For that reason, I had to come up with a recipe in which would help me kick the cheese craving to the curve. The best part about the following cashew cheese recipe is how simple it is to make.
Not only does it taste like the real thing, but the recipe also contains ingredients that are nutrient-dense aka good for you! Other than the nutritious benefits, the cashew cheese recipe is dairy-free, serves great as a spread and oh, did I say it’s tasty?
Health benefits from the cashew cheese recipe:
Nutritional Yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae): rich in vitamin b12 and antioxidants, has an anti-inflammatory response, boosts the immune system, and rich in nutrients.
- 1 cup Cashew Nuts (Raw)
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 5 Tbsp Water
- For the creamiest cheese, soak your cashews overnight for eight hours or soak them for ten minutes before making the recipe.
- Add the ingredients into the food processor.
- Blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Once complete, please taste it and add more pepper, lemon, salt or water per your liking.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
I normally follow this exact same recipe but sometimes, I find myself wanting to add more nutritional yeast for more of the cheese flavor. You can also add red chili flakes if you are looking to a spicy cheese.